I think I will split this up over the next few days so that I don't have to squeeze a million things into one insanely long, photo heavy blog post. Spread around the awesome, sounds like a plan to me!
I love collages! Great way to smush in ALL the poses and angles without dragging it out in individual shots.
So WAY back in March I received a toy request for a Gorilla obsessed little girl. You know how I LOVE a new toy design so of course I was excited! Here was the result...
|Isn't it cute!? I love the nose. LOVE!|
Still in the Way Back Machine.... In April I got to do a First Birthday gift for the sweetest little peanut. Her mom wanted a giraffe, no other restrictions, just a giraffe. I did one years ago, you can see a photo of it here on the homepage http://solematetoys.com/ . It was huge and very realistic... as far as sock toys go, that is. This time I wanted to design a more youthful toy so I tried a baby-ish giraffe. Here are some facts about baby giraffes that I bet you might not know....
- Gestation period is 15 months
- Interval between births is generally 20 months
- Life expectancy of 25 years in the wild
- A baby is generally 6 feet tall and will weigh about 150 pounds at birth
- A baby will fall approximately 6 feet during birth before hitting the ground
- A baby will begin nursing within one hour
- A baby will generally also begin walking within one hour